Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Queen Latifah talks about insecurities

QUEEN LATIFAH, in the March 6, 2005 issue of Parade magazine when asked about high school, Queen Latifah said, "It was a very vulnerable time going from being insecure about my body and who I am to becoming comfortable with me. I had to tune out what the hell everybody else had to say about who I was. When I was able to do that, I felt free."

In the March issue of In Style, Queen says, "I wish every woman would love themselves and embrace what they were given naturally. I've been fortunte to have the career I want without changing what I look like. If [producers] ever demanded I lose so much weight that I'm not even a remnant of who I am, then hell no, I'm not going to do that. Besides, there'd be a lot of girls out there who wouldn't be inspired had I not been that girl with a little more weight who carried herself with that self-confidence."

For more cool stuff go to
www.heyugly.org