Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Alicia Keyes talks about acne


ALICIA KEYS - Here's what Alicia said about her struggles with acne: "It felt crazy. When you're in high school, somebody might say something [about acne] and hurt your feelings. Well, imagine the entire world looking at you, constantly scrutinizing your face. I felt really hurt. I knew that you shouldn't base your [self-esteem] on your physical appearance, so I tried to convince myself that I shouldn't worry about it, but inside I felt like everyone was attacking me. It wasn't easy at all, but I finally realized that I'm beautiful on the inside regardless of a couple bumps here and there. Who Cares?" Source: Nov '05 TeenPeople
In the Oct '05 issue of Allure she said about society prizing thin legs, ".....I have big everything on the bottom but I love my legs. You've got to love what's yours." For more cool info go to www.heyugly.org.