Tuesday, November 01, 2005

SANDRA BULLOCK, in the March '05 issue of Vogue, Sandra admits to having had a rough time growing up. "I hated my whole childhood, hated it, hated it, hated it. There was no place for me. I was not accepted here. I was noticeably different. I was awkward. I was in the wrong clothes. I would get the sh_t kicked out of me constantly. My mother would be like, 'That's ridiculous. Why would anyone do that?' I'm coming home with my hair a mess, crying. Finally a guidance counselor came to my housse and said, 'We have a problem. They are picking on her, and I don't know what to do about it.' And I was so angry at my mother. She was like, 'Obvisouly something you are doing.' ... I'm so thankful for it now because it definintely gives you the empathetic view of humanity." In the April '05 issue of Teen People when asked about the best high school moment Sandra said, "Realizing that conforming didn't accomplish anything. I was so preppy-everything was monogrammed and everything had to match. It was such a stress. Being popular was so much work! Do your own thing. As long as you learn that, you'recool."

For more cool stuff go to www.heyugly.org