Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Nelly talks about self-consciousness

NELLY - in the August '04 issue of TWIST, Nelly says a girl has to be confident to win him over. ".....Self-conscious people tend to throw things off because when you're around them, you become uncomfortable, too. You become scared of saying something that might affect their vibe. If someone can laugh at themselves, you know you're going to be able to get along with them."

In the May '05 issue of Cosmogirl, Nelly said, "I think the real role models to teens shouldn't necessarily be athletes or entertainers or artists. They should be people in your community, people who you can talk to when you have a problem. People you can see on a daily basis and watch how they carry themselves. Because if you look up to entertainers or athletes, all you're seeing is their success. when I was in school, I couldn't call Michael Jordan and be like, 'Yo, Mike, I'm thinking of not going to school today because I didn't study-what do you think? Kids can't call Nelly and be like, 'Yo, what should I do? "

For more cool stuff go to www.heyugly.org