Thursday, January 31, 2008

America Ferrera explains the pains of high school

The most important thing you wear is your personality.

My high school days were definitely not the best days of my life. I think everything you learn in high school, you have to spend the rest of your life unlearning. A lot of what high school was about for me was not being myself. It was about hiding all the things that made me different and trying to fit in somewhere. I didn't know who I was. The pretty and popular girls just reminded me that I wasn't pretty and popular, and the nerdy and studious ones reminded me that I wasn't smart enough. I didn't conform in high school, wear all the right clothes, or fit in. But I think the truth is that whatever you're wearing on the outside doesn’t change the fact that most people – even beautiful girls – feel the same doubts, fears and insecurities on the inside. CosmoGirl Feb. ‘07

I am all for beauty, and I love feeling pretty, but it's more important for me to look in the mirror and feel good about myself than worry about what other people think. Part of growing up is differentiating between what you do for yourself versus other people. In Style Feb. ‘07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home